From: Thomas Mueller <mueller6726@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: out of disk space to compile webkit-gtk
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 08:59:06
1 > Joseph <syscon780 <at> gmail.com> writes:
2
3 > > I'm upgrading the system and running out of disk space to compile webkit-gtk
4
5 > I'm not sure you have usb3, but if you do and you have a usb3 stick,
6 > it's useful for this temporary expanded space need and so much more. Sure
7 > it probably will not run as fast as your native HD, but, it's
8 > a very handy device for this and many other needs. Or you can move
9 > something big from the partition where you compile, on a temporary
10 > basis.....
11
12 > just a thought,
13 > hth,
14 > James
15
16 Even better might be a USB 3.0 hard drive: cheaper per GB than USB sticks, and not having the problem of write exhaustion that I've heard about for flash media.
17
18 If there is sufficient hard-disk space in the same or other partition, it might be helpful to redirect the work dir.
19
20 I might want to make a USB-stick installation of Gentoo to be able to carry from one computer to another.
21
22 Tom