From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Static entries in /proc and /dev
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 03:13:20
1 On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 9:08 PM, Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm doing some disk changes and would like to know;
3 > 1. Is there anything static in /proc? (does the kernel create all the
4 > entries in proc?)
5
6 AFAIK, no to the first question, yes to the second question. At least
7 if I remount my / and I do a "ls /proc", I get nothing.
8
9 > 2. What are the non-udev entries in /dev. IIRC its console and zero.
10
11 I've been using console, null and tty1 for years, but I don't even
12 know if they are still necessary.
13
14 Regards.
15 --