From: alchemist <alchemist80128@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Installing problem with SMC pcmia network card
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 05:55:23
1 Hello,
2 I am trying to install gentoo on a old dell laptop.
3 I am trying to get the networking with a SMC pcmia ethernet card. I am booting in using the option to
4 turn pcmia support on. When I do this the lights on the card light up to indicate it has power and system
5 finds eth0. I then run net-setup and assign it an IP, gateway... I then check the port with ifconfig eth0 and
6 correct gateway, ip are shown, but I can not even ping the router (or the IPS DNS). The lights on card never light to
7 indicate I have a connection.
8 I have search through the archive and have not found a solution. Any help on what I am missing here would be greatly appreciated.
9
10 Thanks again.
11
13 Juno Gift Certificates
14 Give the gift of Internet access this holiday season.
15 http://www.juno.com/give
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list