From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] kmail acting up. Cannot "LIST"
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 22:33:08
1 Hello all,
2
3 kmail has spontaneously decided to break on me. I say this because I have
4 changed _nothing_ between when it worked and when it broke.
5
6 The problem comes when I try to retrieve mail from my pop3 server (vs-pop3d).
7 It can connect to the server, but craps out with "Cannot complete LIST
8 command" in a pop-up. The titlebar states "invalid server response".
9
10 I can say though, the server is just fine. I can connect, authenticate and
11 view/retrieve mail manually with telnet (including 'LIST' command), and
12 'mail' on my apple box can get the mail (the same mail, by the same user)
13 just fine.
14
15 A google for the errror just returned some source code from online CVS. I even
16 re-emerged kdepim but still the same. kmail version is 3.5.1
17
18 Has anyone some idea what to do?
19
20 -d
21 --
22 darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: http://badcomputer.org
23 "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..."
24 - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972