From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE 4.4.4 system settings - fonts never display
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 20:53:26
1 On Monday 12 July 2010 19:28:46 Bill Longman wrote:
2 > Have I just misconfigured several of my KDE boxes or is there a problem
3 > with KDE 4.4.4's system settings? The font installer worked fine in 4.3,
4 > but whenever I go into system settings and try to get a list of the
5 > fonts, it's just a blank box, whether I choose personal or system fonts.
6 >
7 > No amount of STFW has yet to yield to me a suitable place to look for
8 > further answers.
9 >
10 > TIA.
11 >
12 > --
13 > Bill
14 >
15 > Ἐν ἀρχή ἠν ὁ λόγος
16
17 I can't point you to a solution, but can confirm that KDE-4.4.4 fonts work
18 fine here - only the 'Personal Fonts' category is empty (because I have not
19 setup any). 'All Fonts', 'System Fonts' and 'Unclassified Fonts' categories,
20 show fonts in them.
21
22 (και ο λογος ην προς τον θεον)
23 --