From: Harbir Singh Hundal <hshundal@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Internet not working after instillition
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 08:47:23
1 Now when I did ifconfig, its not showing me eth0
2
3 Ryan Curtin <ryan@××××××××××××.com> wrote: On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 05:00:21PM -0800, Harbir Singh Hundal wrote:
4 > Hi!
5 >
6 > I have build the system, with kernel-2.6, and during the instillation
7 > I have emerged dhcpcd, but my internet is not working.
8 >
9 > When I do # ifconfig I can see the assigned IP 192.168.0.2 for eth0,
10 > and I am using a router as a gateway with address 192.168.0.1
11 >
12 > I am able to ping 192.168.0.1, but when I try to ping www.google.com
13 > or any other site it gives the message "unknown Host".
14 >
15 > I don’t know what to do now, any sort of help will be appreciated.
16
17 It would seem to me that your DHCP server is not set correctly. Can you
18 post your /etc/resolv.conf? That would help. Also, try pinging
19 216.239.51.99. This is the IP of www.google.com.
20
21 Ryan Curtin
22 ryan@××××××××××××.com
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
32 Regards
33 Harbir Singh Hundal
41 Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.