From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bash 3.2/3.1 compatibility?
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 15:23:20
1 On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 11:13:10AM +0200, Penguin Lover Etaoin Shrdlu squawked:
2 > > The question:
3 > >
4 > > Is there a switch that I can use to make bash run in some sort of
5 > > compatibility mode for the string comparison? I.e, can I somehow
6 > > force bash (in the script) to behave like before?
7 >
8 > Low-tech solution: can't you just install bash 3.1 manually somewhere,
9 > create a symlink /bin/bash31 to it, and put #!/bin/bash31 at the
10 > beginning of your scripts?
11
12 Yes I could.. but the amount of work it takes for me to do that and
13 remember that I did it is probably comparable to going back and
14 updating all my shell scripts.
15
16 Thanks for the suggestion.
17
18 W
19 --
20 Did you ever see an unhappy horse? Did you ever see a bird that
21 had the blues? One reason why birds and horses are not unhappy is
22 because they are not trying to impress other birds and horses.
23 ~Dale Carnegie
24 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 337 days, 13:42
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list