From: malloc1337 <disquz@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /boot filesystem, SSDs, TRIM
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 18:46:36
1 Thus spoke Adam Carter (adamcarter3@×××××.com):
2 > >
3 > > Or is it possible to turn off journaling for one partition under ext4?
6 > My intuition is that the long term damage due to the journal would be far
7 > less than the damage due to the loss of effective wear levelling that would
8 > result from not being able to TRIM. Just intuition tho. Let me know if i'm
9 > misunderstanding something.
12 Why not just disable journaling on those partitions altogether?
13
14 # Delete has_journal option
15 tune2fs -O ^has_journal <your_boot_partition>
16
17 # Issue required fsck
18 e2fsck -f <your_boot_partition>
19
20 # Check fs options
21 dumpe2fs <your_boot_partition> | less
24 malloc1337
25
26 mailto: disquz@×××××.de