From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eix output for dev-perl/Expect
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 05:55:16
1 On Tuesday 27 May 2008, PaulNM wrote:
2 > >> The questions:
3 > >>     1. what do these mean, and what was interfering with emerge
4 > >> -aDNvu this morning?
5 > >
6 > > The '*' is described in man eix, line 541, thusly:
7 > >
8 > >        *3.3.3 This means the version is "masked by missing
9 > >  keyword" but  stable  for  an alien architecture.
10 >
11 > Alan, that is indeed what the man page says, but testing on my end
12 > shows it is plain wrong. Examples will follow.
13
14 eix on my end is still giving the expected results. Maybe we are dealing
15 with update-breakage, or eix on yours and Kevin's machines has gotten
16 confused as to the arch in use?
19 Alan McKinnon
20 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
23 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list