From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Emerge order not deterministic !?
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 08:54:50
1 On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 09:48:48 +0100, Jörg Schaible wrote:
2
3 >> > Hmmm. And how can you then ever use
4 > >>
5 > >> emerge --resume --skip-fist
6 > >>
7 > >> if not even the first build is deterministic? I skip the first
8 > >> package anyway only if the problematic package is the first one to
9 > >> build after resume, but if I cannot even rely on that?
12 > > Because it re-uses the previous build order, not re-generate a new
13 > > one.
14 >
15 > That's simply not true. Emerge resume calculates the order again and
16 > for me it starts often with a different package.
17
18 Then use emerge --keep-going and portage will take care of skipping
19 failing merges for you.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 Every morning is the dawn of a new error...