From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] howto make github look nice
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 00:47:18
Howdy,

One of the things I find ugly about github is the first appearance
of the main (base) page of a given project.  One thing I really like about
sourceforge is how some projects look much more professional. I do not need
(nor want) a lecture on why this is. I only want solutions or ideas of how
to create a github base page that looks much more (www) presentable like
this sourceforge page:

http://qjackctl.sourceforge.net/

So ideas on how to do this are most appreciated; or facts as to why
it is not possible with github..... Also notice in the 'menu bar' the
[GIT] functionality built in. Slick. Really slick and this is how I want
my pages to look, as soon as I become brave enough to start moving codes
from my workstations (ugly; no gui) to the larger world for folks to
start playing with some codes and overlays.

I want folks to look at my projects and they have an  aesthetically
pleasing appearance......   (I need an edge!).

curiously,
James