From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo Healthy? (The Return)
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 01:55:29
1 Jerry McBride wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 04 July 2007 08:13:59 pm Philip Webb wrote:
3 >
4 >> 070704 Colleen Beamer wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Danyelle Gragsone wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>> If gentoo became an *easy* distro like sickbayon or ubuntu.. I would
9 >>>> stop using it. Seriously.. user friendly distros is not what I am
10 >>>> looking for.. I am looking for a distro to have one fun and learn.
11 >>>>
12 >>> I second this sentiment. Since starting to use Gentoo in 2004, all
13 >>> other distros pale in comparison. Yes, there have been a couple of
14 >>> hurdles, but it was all learning. I view these, not as annoyances, but
15 >>> challenges. I love what I have learned about my system with Gentoo and
16 >>> there is *no* other distro that has a package management system that is
17 >>> better than portage, IMHO. So, thanks from me to all the devs! :-)
18 >>>
19 >> Thirded (smile).
23 > Fourth one here...
24 >
25 > Gentoo has been one of the most rewarding linux experiences that I've had in
26 > years. The only thing that even comes close is LFS... but then upgrading it
27 > is a nightmare.
32 I was preparing to install LFS but was told that Gentoo is LFS with a
33 neat little package handler on steroids. They were right too. :-) I
34 moved here from Mandrake 9.1.
35
36 I couldn't imagine surfing without Gentoo.
37
38 Dale
39