From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] recommendation for printer/fax/copier/scanner combo
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 00:56:22
1 We currently have an HP 7130 that is wearing out and needs
2 replacement. I would appreciate recommendations for a replacement.
3
4 1. Good gentoo/linux/cups support (the HP 7130 does fine)
5
6 2. Printer, copier, fax, scanner
7
8 3. Color
9
10 4. Duplex
11
12 5. "Network Printer" I would like to plug it into our linksys router
13 (wireless or wired ethernet is OK). The linksys is a wrt54G.
14
15 6. Also to be used (again via ethernet) from my wife's windows XP laptop
16
17 7. Usage level is light. My wife (windows XP) and I rarely print 50
18 pages in one day.
19
20 8. I have had good luck with HP printers so would prefer an HP (and
21 would pay a little more for that). But this is not a requirement.
22
23 thanks in advance,
24 allan
25 --