From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: AMD64, Firefox => Java Plugin?
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 19:22:58
1 On 03/16/2013 06:15 AM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I am looking for a useable howto/tutorial which describes
5 > howto install the java plugin for the current fireox.
6
7 I see your question is already answered, but I'll add that there are
8 a zillion open security bugs for java and many are actively being
9 exploited in the wild recently.
10
11 If you must use java in Firefox (as I do) then make sure that your
12 version of Firefox is the latest one (19-something) because it will
13 ask your permission before running any java applets. Firefox will
14 allow you to override the warnings for selected websites so it won't
15 become irritating at sites you trust.
16
17 IIUC there are exploitable bugs in java7 that don't exist in java6,
18 so I'm sticking to java6 for now, though 6 isn't perfect either.