From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KF5 icons/styles settings UI. Which package?
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 14:45:58
1 On 07/20/2016 10:37 PM, Mick wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 20 Jul 2016 20:37:58 Daniel Frey wrote:
3 >> On 07/20/2016 05:06 PM, Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
4 >>> This is fucking ridiculous. Baloo's kcm module is also part of
5 >>> plasma-desktop! Now after being forced to update it the indexer is making
6 >>> my system very unresponsive and I can't turn it off!
7 >>
8 >> Have you tried balooctl to turn it off? I think that's how I did it when
9 >> I tried plasma months ago.
10 >>
11 >> Dan
12 >
13 > I wasn't aware of this! It seems baloo has been busy all on its own:
14 >
15 > $ balooctl status
16 > Baloo File Indexer is not running
17 > Indexed 6412 / 7195 files
18 > Current size of index is 79.07 MiB
19 >
20 > $ balooctl config show includeFolders
21 > /home/michael
22 >
23 > So it's been indexing my whole /home directory. Will issuing a disable
24 > command survive a reboot?
27 It's supposed to. It did for me for a while (i.e. several reboots) then
28 it started again. People have been reporting it works and doesn't work
29 so maybe it depends on the environment it's running in. There's other
30 baloo-related command line tools but I don't remember them now.
31
32 I think I got annoyed at one point with all the freezing and crashing
33 (and I thought it was baloo even though it was disabled) and eventually
34 deleted all of the baloo* files, but plasma still kept crashing.
35
36 Dan