From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Owncloud got completely broken after update
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2017 20:29:15
1 On Wed, 27 Dec 2017 15:06:20 -0500,
2 Melleus wrote:
3 >
4 > John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> writes:
5 >
6 > > On Mon, 25 Dec 2017 18:15:30 -0500,
7 > > Melleus wrote:
8 > >>
9 > >> Hi to all,
10 > >>
11 > >> My OC got completely broken after update to v.10.0.4. At least two
12 > >> backends stop working: webdav and caldav. I have heard that many
13 > >> developers flee from OC project. So what do think would make more sence
14 > >> - investing my time in debuging OC or migratitg to Nextcloud?
15 > >>
16 > >> Thank you.
17 > >
18 > > I went to nextcloud -- it was at 11.0 when I started and is now at
19 > > 12.04 or so. I got tired of owncloud's problems, even the ability to
20 > > stay logged in was gone because the developer moved on, and so I
21 > > bailed on that. I would go back to 9.x before switching, but you will
22 > > have to restore the database to what it was.
23 >
24 > So I have just done. Thankfully I use it only for myself, so all I had
25 > to do to migrate is just resync my devices. I installed NC from scratch
26 > and it works out of the box. Though it throws some warnings in its web
27 > interface: it has found "extra" .webapp-nextcloud-12.0.4 file and
28 > jquery.ocdialog.js has invalid hash for some unknown reason. I know
29 > where .webapp* file comes from, but what do you think I should do with
30 > that jquery* file?
31
32 I am not sure, maybe you should check the forums. I had to comment
33 out all instances of access_time_limit because it hung my nextcloud
34 otherwise. So, maybe the forums can help.
37 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
38 How do
39 you spend it?
40
41 John Covici wb2una