From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] SDDM/KDE5: no sound card available?
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 18:13:10
1 I upgraded to KDE 5 recently, and was using LightDM as the display
2 manager. It seems that KDE 5 prefers SDDM though and offers a config
3 module for it in System Settings.
4
5 So I installed SDDM. However, when I log in with SDDM, I get no sound.
6 My sound card just... disappears. "alsamixer -c0" says:
7
8 invalid card index: 0".
9
10 "aplay -l" says:
11
12 aplay: device_list:268: no soundcards found...
13
14 Even if I disable pulseaudio, there's still no ALSA cards found.
15
16 When I ctrl+alt+F1 to a console and log in there, there's no problem. My
17 sound card is found. But in a KDE session started with SDDM, nope. No
18 sound card (and thus, no sound.)
19
20 Works just fine with LightDM.
21
22 I'm on ~amd64 with gentoo-sources-4.1.2, pulseaudio-6.0. KDE 5 is
23 installed from portage (kde-plasma/plasma-meta). Any help?