From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gentoo-systemd-only deprecation
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 17:46:10
1 On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 10:36:31 -0500, »Q« wrote:
2
3 > > If this really is 'the one true way' to 'totally opt out of systemd',
4 > > then in my opinion there should be a very thorough example of *how*
5 > > to 'opt out of systemd' included in the man page.
6 >
7 > I'd rather not see man make.conf cluttered with trivia, but maybe it
8 > would be nice if there were a unified "choosing a system manager"
9 > document which had recipes for avoiding the little files from other
10 > systems.
11
12 I couldn't agree more. The make.conf man page should, and does, define
13 how a setting works. how it is used for specific packages should be
14 described in the documentation for those packages, or on the wiki.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Eat shit - 50 million flies can't be wrong
21 Use Microsoft . . . . .