From: Duane Griffin <duaneg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel randomly locking up, no error messeges, no panics nothing.
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:37:20
1 On 14/02/07, Ivan Lucian Aron <nophinity@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I haven't tried vanilla sources
3
4 Fair enough, let's see where the problem seems to be, anyway.
5
6 > So wait for it to lock again, and check the kernel tasks with
7 > sysrq-t / echo t >/proc/sysrq-trigger.
8 > Will get back as soon as I get more info.
9
10 Yep. If things are going *very* badly then writing to the system log
11 may be failing. In that case you can switch to a console and use
12 SysRq-9 then SysRq-t to send the output to console. Check your system
13 log first though. Much easier to get it from there than copying things
14 down by hand or photgraphing your screen!
15
16 Cheers,
17 Duane.
20 "I never could learn to drink that blood and call it wine" - Bob Dylan
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list