From: Nagatoro <nagatoro@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Incompatible gcc
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 17:24:21
1 Rupert Young (Restart) wrote:
2 > I have emerged gcc-3.4.4, but emerge --info, see below, still shows
3 > 3.4.1. There was a PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage" in make.conf and
4 > 3.4.1 was in this dir. I commented out the PORTDIR_OVERLAY, but no change
5
6 gcc along with some other packages are _slotted_. That means that you
7 can have more that one version installed at once. To chose what
8 version to use there is a program called gcc-config.
9 Try and run "gcc-config -c" to see what compiler your system currently
10 use, and try and run "gcc-config -l" to see what compliers are
11 currently installed on your system. Finally run "gcc-config #" where #
12 is the number of the complier listed above that you want to use.
15 Naga
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list