From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] USB-HD-Quickport not recognized...
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 11:15:55
Hi,

I bought a LogiLink QP0027 QuickPort.
This is a external 3.5/2.5" HDD "docking station".

It has a power supply, a USB3.1 port, an ON/OFF switch.

Normal doing would be:
Switch docking station off
Connect docking station and PC with USB cable.
Connect Power Supply and docking station
Plug Power Supply into mains
Insert HD
Wait for HD to spin up
Check /dev for new device.

Unfortunately there is none...

If I disconnect the USB cable from the PC
and reconnect it, then the device is recognized
and there will be a new device under /dev

But this is a tedious work which was intended to
be unnecessary after buy just this kind of docking station.

I searched for this product in conjunstion with "Linux"
and found nothing relevant.

Is there a way to avoid the problem without forcing a
re-enumeration of all connected USB-devices?

Cheers!
mcc