From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] USB-HD-Quickport not recognized...
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2020 11:15:55
1 Hi,
2
3 I bought a LogiLink QP0027 QuickPort.
4 This is a external 3.5/2.5" HDD "docking station".
5
6 It has a power supply, a USB3.1 port, an ON/OFF switch.
7
8 Normal doing would be:
9 Switch docking station off
10 Connect docking station and PC with USB cable.
11 Connect Power Supply and docking station
12 Plug Power Supply into mains
13 Insert HD
14 Wait for HD to spin up
15 Check /dev for new device.
16
17 Unfortunately there is none...
18
19 If I disconnect the USB cable from the PC
20 and reconnect it, then the device is recognized
21 and there will be a new device under /dev
22
23 But this is a tedious work which was intended to
24 be unnecessary after buy just this kind of docking station.
25
26 I searched for this product in conjunstion with "Linux"
27 and found nothing relevant.
28
29 Is there a way to avoid the problem without forcing a
30 re-enumeration of all connected USB-devices?
31
32 Cheers!
33 mcc