From: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need dovecot configuration help
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 19:39:41
1 On 05/26/11 14:26, Jarry wrote:
2 > On 26. 5. 2011 21:04, Michael Sullivan wrote:
3 >> A couple of days ago I applied via etc-update a new init script and conf
4 >> file for dovecot. Now I cannot get local LAN mail from it. I was
5 >> previously able to.
6 >
7 > I do not know which dovecot version you had before,
8 > but 2.0.11 is the first 2.x in portage, so I suppose
9 > it was 1.x
10 >
11 > I remember updating from 1.x to 2.x was not so easy.
12 > etc-update did not help me, configurtion changed a lot.
13 > I had to edit a few new files in /etc/dovecot/conf.d,
14 > some concerning authentication (10-auth.conf, auth-*)...
15 >
16 > Jarry
20 I can't even figure out what port dovecot is running on. I would assume
21 143 for IMAP, but telnetting to 192.168.2.2 dovecot does not greet me.
22 I can access the mail from the dovecot server from mutt in my terminal
23 window ssh'd over to that machine, but I need to be able to access it
24 from thunderbird, which can't even find the machine....