From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problems with Jack D.
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 03:44:35
1 Hi,
2
3 I have some strange problems with jackd.
4
5 1.) With my setup it ha worked for a long time.
6 2.) Suddenly it stops working (cant say, when exactly but I guess in
7 the last month.
8 3.) Symptoms:
9 When starting qjackctrl, the gui does not start. Instead no
10 mouse action is working anymore except for cursor movements.
11 I have to CTRL-C qjackstrl.
12
13 Jackd does not play sound. If jackd is started, waterfox/palemoon
14 do not play sound (YouTube for example), firefox, which was
15 compiled to use alsa directly works.
16 When jackd is stopped, waterfox/palemoon produce sound.
17
18 The kernel log files do not show anything suspicious.
19 /var/jackd.log is empty but of a current timestamp.
20
21 I recompiled both jackd and qjackctrl with no successful
22 result using the compiled execytables.
23
24 I tried to start jackd as user and as root to possibly find permission
25 problems, but jackd does not work in both cases.
26
27 What can I do to get them working again?
28
29 Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
30 Cheers!
31 Meino