From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ulogd fails to start
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 14:34:02
1 On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 5:43 AM, Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 11:38 PM, Paul Hartman
5 > <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >>
7 >> Hi,
8 >>
9 >> I emerged ulogd-2.0.0_beta4 and using the ulogd.conf that was
10 >> installed by portage, it fails to start. I get this message in the
11 >> log:
12 >>
13 >> Tue Jul 19 15:32:08 2011 <8> ulogd.c:1179 not even a single working plugin
14 >> stack
15 >>
16 >> Does anyone know what that's about? ULOG stuff is enabled in my
17 >> kernel, and the plugins are on disk where the config file says. So I
18 >> don't know what's wrong...
19 >>
20 >> Thanks,
21 >> Paul
22 >>
23 > What use flags did you use when installing this software?
24 > It seems that you didn't specify any plugins like mysql, pcap, postgres...
25
26 Hi, thanks for the idea. I tried all combinations and, unfortunately,
27 it fails with exactly the same error whether the USE flags are enabled
28 or not. I guess I will file a bug report.