From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Unable to emerge kdebase/kfilereplace-4.3.5
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 01:04:20
1 On 06/16/2010 02:29 PM, Thomas Revell wrote:
2 > Hi everyone,
3 >
4 > I've got a bit of a problem with a new Gentoo install that I'm currently
5 > trying to install KDE on. The installation of kdebase/kfilereplace-4.3.5
6 > is failing, apparently due to a missing header file in its sources.
7
8 <snip>
9 > [ 11%] Generating koptionsdlgs.h
10 <snip>
11 > moc: /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kfilereplace-4.3.5/work/kfilereplace-4.3.5_build/kfilereplace/koptionsdlgs.h:
12 > No such file
13
14 I have no idea what's going wrong, but I'm willing to make suggestions
15 anyway :)
16
17 The two lines of compiler output above show that the missing header file
18 is supposed to be generated on the fly by the qt/moc tools. That means
19 that the header file is not actually being generated, or maybe (but not
20 likely) being generated in the wrong directory.
21
22 I don't know much about the kde/qt build system, but it seems to involve
23 the automoc and cmake packages as well as qmake, which is part of qt-core.
24
25 For lack of anything better to suggest, I would try the good old shotgun
26 technique of recompiling every package that has to do with building kde
27 and qt packages, e.g. automoc, cmake, qt-core, and maybe more that I know
28 nothing about.
29
30 In particular, though, I always suspect that old, stale, leftover files
31 from previous versions of related packages like qt and kde may be fouling
32 things up. I pay close attention to the dates on files in /usr/include/*
33 and /usr/qt and /usr/kde and /usr/lib/qt and /usr/lib/kde to see if there
34 are just a few files with the same (old) date. Oh, and /usr/lib/pkgconfig
35 is worth a look also.
36
37 Meanwhile, hope for someone to give you a better answer.