From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Ssmtp gotcha
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 04:26:16
1 After an urgent inquiry re my health from a friend, I discovered
2 that e-mails had not been getting out of my machine for 7 days .
3 I tracked the problem down to a change in /etc/group
4 when I updated Ssmtp 2.61-r2 -> 2.62-r3 :
5 there's a new entry 'ssmtp', which needs to be enabled for '<user>'.
6 There was 1 line in the file in /var/log/emerge-logs/ ,
7 which didn't explicitly warn that sysadmin action was required,
8 but nothing anywhere else AFAICS, incl in the 'man' file.
9
10 Has anyone else got caught by this ?
14 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
15 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
16 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca