From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bitwarden, anyone?
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 19:52:01
1 On Monday, 15 June 2020 12:38:03 BST Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Mon, 15 Jun 2020 02:47:56 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > > Has anyone some experience of bitwarden on Gentoo? It doesn't run for
4 > > > me, and I suspect a java problem. I have icedtea here.
5 > > >
6 > > > I'm talking about the installed version, not the firefox extension,
7 > > > which seems to work.
8 > >
9 > > I've found an overlay with bitwarden-cli-bin, which is now installed
10 > > and ready to accept commands.
11 >
12 > I've just tried the AppImage for the desktop client and it just worked,
13 > albeit with the usual loading speed of an AppImage.
14
15 So it can work, then. I just have to work out what I'm doing wrong. I have a
16 support request in with them; no reply yet.
19 Regards,
20 Peter.