From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] "deleted inode referenced"
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 17:05:23
1 In the course of trying to get X to work on my ASUS 1005HA netbook,
2 I had to power the machine off several times. In the course of this,
3 some damage seems to have occurred to the file system.
4 There are files in /var /tmp which I can't remove:
5 the msg is "EXT2-fs error: ext2_lookup: deleted inode referenced: 16388".
6
7 I got round the problem by creating new dirs, copying everything else
8 & renaming the dirs, but that leaves me with /bad1 , which I can't remove
9 as it contains a reference to an inode which no longer exists.
10 NB this is not the more common problem of a bad file name,
11 which cb dealt with simply by removing the inode (which still exists).
12
13 Can anyone help ?
14
15 BTW is Ext2 the best fs for this machine ? Might Ext3 or Ext4 be better ?
16 -- I use Reiserfs on my desktop machines.
20 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
21 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
22 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca