From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting CFLAGS for a single build
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 14:43:31
1 Anthony Metcalf writes:
2 > Alex Schuster wrote:
3 > > Um, I meand -nostrip, as I wrote in the example below. But I just
4 > > tried for myself - I see the -g2 (multiple times), but after
5 > > building, stripping takes place, even with the one-time
6 > > FEATURES=-nostrip emerge -1 libxml2 approach:
7 >
8 > Emmm, FEATURES="nostrip" will not strip the binary, i.e. leave the
9 > debugging info there.....FEATURES="-nostrip" will jnot, not strip the
10 > binary, i.e it will strip the bianry, i.e. it will remove the debugging
11 > info! The " marks are vital....
12
13 Oh my. I wanted to correct my mistake, but did that the other way around.
14 I even had the -nostrip in my own test, at least now know why it
15 failed :) FEATURES="$FEATURES nostrip" seems to work just fine.
16
17 Thanks for spotting this,
18 Wonko
19 --