From: John covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: dispatch-conf problem
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 17:13:42
1 on Thursday 01/01/2009 Graham Murray(graham@×××××××××××.uk) wrote
2 > Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> writes:
3 >
4 > > You cannot roll back if you choose to keep the new file with
5 > > dispatch-conf and didn't backup the current one first.
6 >
7 > You can if you have use-rcs=yes in /etc/dispatch-conf.conf, which the
8 > OP is probably using as the post mentions the archive directory.
9
10 In fact, I have rcs=no, but the directory does have files in it, so if
11 I know which file to copy back, I can restore things -- but my
12 questions remain -- what is the file naming conventions for those
13 files and what happens if I update the same file again?
16 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
17 How do
18 you spend it?
19
20 John Covici