From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Not enough RAM for dev-qt/qtwebengine build
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 11:13:13
1 On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 13:19:24 +0300, Alexey Eschenko wrote:
2
3 > For some time I have problems with dev-qt/qtwebengine (at least 5.12.3)
4 > build. As far as I can see it fails to build due to memory exhaustion.
5 > Although I have 32 GB of RAM (at least 20 of them is almost always
6 > free) looks like it's not enough. It's strange because I have no
7 > problems with Firefox/Chromium/Libreoffice builds.
8
9 Do you have $PORTAGE_TMPDIR on a tmpfs filesystem? I had a similar
10 problem, on a slightly less well-endowed system, and had to use
11 portage.env to instruct that ebuild, as well as chromium and libreoffice,
12 to use a directory on my SSD for PORTAGE_TMPDIR.
13
14 % cat /etc/portage/package.env/qt
15 dev-qt/qtwebengine disk-tmpdir.conf
16
17 % cat /etc/portage/env/disk-tmpdir.conf
18 PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/mnt/scratch"
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Assassins do it from behind.