From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 19:03:00
1 El Sab, 7 de Febrero de 2009, 19:37, Dale escribió:
2 > Jesús Guerrero wrote:
3 >
4 >> El Vie, 6 de Febrero de 2009, 23:55, Dale escribió:
5 [...]
6 >> If you like Mandriva and you install it to use it, then it's
7 >> ok, but to install it just to use it as a Gentoo installer it's a weird
8 >> thing to say the least.
12 > Mandrake was what I switched from. I used Mandrake for about six months
13 > when I decided to switch, mostly because the upgrade process sucked. I
14 > didn't install Mandrake just to install Gentoo, it was what was already
15 > installed.
16
17 Well, that makes more sense of course.
18
19 > That said, if I thought I would run into trouble and needed my dial-up
20 > to work during the install, I would stick in a old drive and install
21 > Mandrake and install from there. I'm not saying someone else should but
22 > setting up dial-up on most bootable CDs is not fun.
23
24 I know from experience how "funny" winmodems can be. That's why
25 when I used to use a modem I decided to buy a serial true modem
26 and crapped out my conexant hsf winmodem. True modems work out
27 of the box without any problem. All you need is to configure
28 your dialer.
33 Jesús Guerrero