From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A question about emerge --info
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 13:44:51
1 On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 13:43 +0100, Heiko Wundram wrote:
2
3 <snip>
4
5 > Again, this is utter bullshit. Python doesn't have a "shoddy" implementation
6 > of libc_ver(), it just doesn't give you what you expect it to give you (it's
7 > not a package manager, for gods sake), but rather what's of actual interest
8 > to anyone doing application development.
11 Thanks for the explanation. I realize the difference between interface
12 version and actual libc version. However I was going on the actual
13 function documentation and the fact that all the other *_ver() functions
14 in the platform module give the actual version. My apologies if I
15 confused anyone.
16
17 -a