From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lack of openoffice and firefox binary for ppc
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 12:04:23
1 Stefán István wrote:
2 > Hello!
3 > What is the reason of the lack of binary packages of openoffice and firefox
4 > for ppc based machines?
5 > Compiling oo takes a very long time, and on my machine it even ends with a
6 > segmentation fault, so I couldn't install oo at all. In other ppc based
7 > distroes I saw binary oo packages.
10 > Thanks,
11 > Istvan
14 Hi,
15
16 I'm not sure if this is a binary or not. May be worth looking into though.
17
18 http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/download/index.html
19
20 Hope that will help. That is a ugly beast to compile. It is a great
21 test of your hardware though. If it is weak, OOo compiles will break
22 it. :-(
23
24 Dale
25