From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Clashing dependencies in KDE
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 10:58:20
1 Hello list,
2
3 Today when I ran my usual upgrade I ran into a problem. Portage told me it
4 had skipped net-libs/libkgapi:4 because of unsatisfied dependencies. All it
5 could tell me was that >=kde-base/kdepimlibs-4.14:4 required it.
6
7 So I embarked on one of those fruitless cycles of adding packages to
8 package.keywords, one at a time as they caused portage to stop, until after
9 about 8 additions I hit the inevitable show-stopper. The mixing of versions
10 of parts of KDE resulted in both 4.14.3 and 4.12.5 of kdelibs being required
11 at the same time.
12
13 It looks as though someone has allowed something from ~amd64 out of the wild
14 and into the peace of amd64. Does anyone have a clue to what it is? I
15 thought it might be chromium, since libkgapi is for handling Google
16 calendars and contacts, but eix tells me I already have the latest stable
17 version.
20 Rgds
21 Peter.