From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] tips on running a mail server in a cheap vps provider run but not-so-trusty admins?
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 11:48:24
1 On 17-Aug-20 6:50, Caveman Al Toraboran wrote:
2 > hi. context:
3 >
4 > 1. tinfoil hat is on.
5 > 2. i feel disrespected when someone does things to
6 > my stuff without getting my approval.
7 > 3. vps admin is not trusty and their sys admin may
8 > read my emails, and laugh at me!
9 > 4. whole thing is not worth much money. so not
10 > welling to pay more than the price of a cheap
11 > vps. moving to dedicated hardware for me is
12 > not worth it. my goal is to make it annoying
13 > enough that cheap-vps's admins find it a bad
14 > idea for them to allocate their time to mingle
15 > with my stuff.
16 >
17 > thoughts on how to maximally satisfy these
18 > requirements?
19
20 Rent VPS and be your own admin. But running properly configured
21 mail-server is not so easy. Setting up postfix/exim/sendmail
22 is just a beginning. If you mean it seriously and do not want
23 your IP to land on blacklists (and you vps suspended), there is
24 much more to do, i.e. spf, dkim, dmarc, dnssec, etc...
25
26 Jarry
27 --
29 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
30 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.