From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] installing virtual machine under gentoo
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2022 05:07:57
1 On Sat, 01 Jan 2022 23:52:18 -0500,
2 Grant Taylor wrote:
3 >
4 > On 1/1/22 6:04 PM, John Covici wrote:
5 > > It more seems to have to do something with the uri -- libvertd is
6 > > certainly running, and I added myself to the kvm group, but still get
7 > > qem/kvm not connected.
8 >
9 > Run `id` as your current user and make sure that it's showing the
10 > kvm & libvirt groups.
13 > I did not do the libvertd group, did not know that. When I look at
14 > /etc/group, I see kvm, but even though I had logged out, when I do
15 > the id command in a terminal frame under gnome, it does not list
16 > kvm.
17
18 Maybe I have to log out of everything with my user name even though
19 most of the logins are to virtual consoles?
23 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
24 How do
25 you spend it?
26
27 John Covici wb2una