From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] UEFI boot, again
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 13:38:06
1 Am 12.10.2012 15:22, schrieb Bill Kenworthy:
2
3 > The grub2-install command above - with efi you have to "announce"
4 > the the information to boot with. I look at it as similar to grub
5 > installing into the MBR, but thats a very loose metaphor :)
6
7 > The problem you are describing might be that this "announcement" is
8 > missing/corrupted.
9 >
10 > The EFI directory is Apples (this is a macbook air), the
11 > grub2-mkconfig searches for all the bootable kernels and builds a
12 > menu for them. I think this is close to default efi in layout as
13 > "EFI" seems to be in the spec.
14
15 When I boot, it tells me that the disk isn't bootable.
16
17 The usb-stick is, it gives me a grub-cli and I pull my configfile from
18 there.
19
20 Maybe I have to re-enable EFI for the hard-disk in the BIOS??
21
22 But I get entries like GRUB2 in my boot menu (BIOS-level).
23
24 I am somehow losing track here already and I get the feeling that even
25 if I get things working I won't really be knowing how I got there ;-)