From: Greg Turner <gmt@×××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE Activities
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 10:27:05
1 On Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 11:19 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 >
4 > What you can do is make Activities go away and never impinge on your
5 > life, that's what I do. I've had KDE here for years and like you never
6 > grokked what it even is when it first hit early in 4.x. I'm a grumpy old
7 > far, I like my 6 virtual desktops in 2 rows of three, I like to launch
8 > the apps myself I known I'm going to use now, and I like global session
9 > management for apps I always use all the time (like Konsole). I don't
10 > like Activities.
11 >
12 > I made them go away and have been using the same KDE config ever since
13 > quite happily. IIRC all it really took was to remove the icon[1] from
14 > the panel, and maybe disable some keyboard shortcuts. Activities hasn't
15 > appeared here for years now, I'd forgotten all about them till this
16 > thread showed up :-)
19 > Anyway, hope this helps
22 > [1] The icon is the one with three small overlapping circles IIRC
25 It may, thanks for suggesting this. I can presumably resist the allure of
26 the icon; but deactivating those shortcuts ought to save me from those
27 "bridge troll" incidents, which invariably start with me accidentally or
28 purposely mashing the keyboard or guessing at shortcuts in some random,
29 hard-to-know-what-I-did-so-I-can-avoid-it-in-the-future way.
30
31 -gmt