From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 19:53:19
1 On 2014-02-17 12:52 PM, Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > And this is a very, very bad idea. Looks like you don't know matter at
3 > all: to begin with kdbus protocol is NOT compatible dbus and special
4 > converter daemon will be needed to enable dbus to talk to kdbus. The
5 > whole kdbus technology is very questionable itself (and was
6 > forcefully pushed by RH devs), anyway it is possible to disable this
7 > stuff in kernel and guess what will be done on my systems.
8
9 Forcefully? Are you saying that *anyone* can *force* Linus to put
10 something into the kernel?
11
12 I'd also really, *really* like to hear a *recent* opinion from Linus on
13 systemd...