From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dolphin only allowing a single instance after update
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 09:28:20
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Thursday, 26 March 2020 08:47:37 GMT Dale wrote:
3 >> J. Roeleveld wrote:
4 >>> I do have activities and semantic-desktop enabled on mine.
5 >>>
6 >>> I attached a screenshot where I found the setting.
7 >>>
8 >>> I also found it in the config-file:
9 >>>
10 >>> FILE: ~/.config/dolphinrc
11 >>>
12 >>> SECTION:
13 >>> ---
14 >>>
15 >>> [General]
16 >>> OpenExternallyCalledFolderInNewTab=false
17 >>> Version=200
18 >>> ViewPropsTimestamp=2016,6,16,18,3,14
19 >>> If you can't find the setting in the menus, maybe this will work.
20 >> Interesting. I looked in my dolphinrc config file and the
21 >> OpenExternally* line is not there at all. I added it to the file, just
22 >> for giggles. I'll logout Sunday or Monday and then try to figure out
23 >> what I can use to open a tab and see if that setting works or not.
24 >>
25 >> My screen looks just like yours except for the missing bit I need. Just
26 >> like me to have that huh? lol
27 > Could it be the semantic-desktop difference?
31 Might.  Isn't that some sort of search tool?  I looked into it ages ago
32 but don't recall what it does actually.  I'm hoping it will notice the
33 setting in the config file even tho it isn't in the menu options.
34
35 Dale
36