From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Checking sanity of system...
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 07:31:41
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> [10-04-04 08:20]:
2 > meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > >Hi,
4 > >
5 > >this is no security issue in sense of attacks...it is related
6 > >to the consistency of the system.
7 > >
8 > >Simple question (and may be complicate to answer... ;) )
9 > >
10 > >How can I check, that my Gentoo system is uptodate, consistent
11 > >and sane?
12 > >
13 > >Best regards,
14 > >mcc
19 > I think this is what you want. man glsa-check I don't use it so you
20 > will have to read or wait until someone who uses it comes along. No
21 > real clue how it works.
22 >
23 > I hope that helps and is what you are looking for.
24 >
25 > Dale
26 >
27 > :-) :-)
30 Hi Dale,
31
32 As far as I can understand the man-page, glsa-check is a tool to check
33 security settings in the system: _G_entoo _L_inux _S_ecurity
34 _A_visory.
35 I didnt know of this tool before so it is a goog hint anyway, but for
36 the moment I want only check, whether the system is not cleanly
37 setup/installed/updated in the sense of "it is working well" ;)
38
39 Best regards,
40 mcc
43 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
44 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
45 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
46 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.