From: Boris Fersing <kernelsensei@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --depclean
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 11:07:43
1 2009/9/15 Krzysztof Poc <fajfusio@××.pl>:
2 > Hello
3 >
4 Hi,
5
6 > I found that "emerge --depclean" removes the packages that are necessary for
7 > my system:
8 > gcc-4.1.2
9 > font-cursor-misc
10 > font-misc-misc
11 >
12 > I have also gcc-3.4.6-r2 installed. It does not remove gcc-3.4.6-r2.
13 > After unmerging gcc-4.1.2 I cannot compile anything of course.
14 > After unmerging font-misc-misc I can't see Polish fonts in Xterm.
17 Did you see the warning when you run emerge --depclean ?
20 # emerge --depclean -p
21
22 * Always study the list of packages to be cleaned for any obvious
23 * mistakes. Packages that are part of the world set will always
24 * be kept. They can be manually added to this set with
25 * `emerge --noreplace <atom>`. Packages that are listed in
26 * package.provided (see portage(5)) will be removed by
27 * depclean, even if they are part of the world set.
30 > I don't know how to solve this problem.
31 > Should I make those packages more valuable to the system ?
32 > How can I do that.
33
34 Try emerge -n =gcc-4.1.2 for example
37 HTH
38
39 regards,
40
41 Boris
42 > Is my xorg server incorrectly configured. I have xorg 1.5 with HAL.
43 > My system does not use any xorg.conf file. It autodetects configuration at
44 > startup.
45 > When migrating to xorg 1.5 I did not do any special steps to configure and
46 > install any Polish fonts.
47 > I only made the modifications to support the Polish keyboard layout.
48 >
49 > Thank you for help.
53 > Dopinguj nasz± kadrê
54 > na Mistrzostwach Europy!