From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nouveau driver turns off video when I start X
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 11:27:25
1 Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 10:06:59PM -0400, Michael Mol wrote
3 >
4 >> revdep-rebuild # mplayer locking up the entire system is unusual, to
5 >> say the least.
6 >>
7 >> The nvidia-drivers build should have screamed bloody murder if you had
8 >> any incompatible kernel options set (or required ones missing).
9 >
10 > I think the problem is that I specified "xv" for video output in
11 > ~/.mplayer/config and the Nvidia drivers do not like xv at all. I
12 > deleted ~/.mplayer/config and mplayer works. I'm looking carefully at
13 > all the USE options for mplayer, and checking them for any more possible
14 > problems.
18 I played with these settings on mine and the one that worked best for me
19 was gl. I use smplayer, a front end for mplayer, and I selected the "gl
20 (fast)" setting. It has several settings and that one seemed to work
21 without any pauses or anything else.
22
23 There are several gl settings tho. One for ATI cards and a couple other
24 generic ones.
25
26 Hope that helps.
27
28 Dale
29
33 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
34 how you interpreted my words!
35
36 Miss the compile output? Hint:
37 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"