From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mplayer vs mplayer2
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 10:59:15
1 John Campbell <jdc.rpv@×××.net> wrote:
2
3 > On 03/30/2011 01:35 AM, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 >
5 > > I am not seeing mplayer2 in the tree -- unless it came in the last day
6 > > or so -- and which config takes the threads=5 parameter?
7 >
8 > It's in the multimedia overlay.
9 >
10 > The "threads=#" (where # less than total threads available on
11 > processor) parameter goes in the ~/.mplayer/config file. I've only
12 > got 4 processors so I set it to threads=4. You have an i7, so it
13 > should handle more.
14 I only have 2, but I may try it anyway.
18 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
19 How do
20 you spend it?
21
22 John Covici