From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Creating a restricted user
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 01:33:55
1 I'd like to create a really restricted user on my laptop. I don't
2 want the user to be able to do much of anything but browse the web,
3 use skype, and maybe look at photos on a CD or something. I did this:
4
5 useradd -m -G users,audio,cdrom -s /sbin/nologin newuser
6
7 How does that look? I've noticed when adding this kind of a user in
8 the past they are able to look at files all around the system that I'd
9 prefer they can't. Is there a good method for restricting that?
10 Maybe remove the users group? Is a weak password OK with this setup
11 since there's no shell access?
12
13 - Grant
14 --