From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Firefox display oddity
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2020 09:51:10
1 Hello list,
2
3 This is www-client/firefox-68.5.0. From time to time, when I switch desktops
4 to it, FF doesn't show the tab bar. The odd thing about it is that the mouse
5 pointer picks up displayed objects as though the tab bar were on display, so I
6 have to aim half an inch below what I want to select.
7
8 Then, pressing <ALT> shows the tab bar, not the menu bar, which remains
9 hidden, and the mouse picks up the right objects - until I click something,
10 when the tab bar disappears again. I think this is expected behaviour, given
11 the misbehaviour.
12
13 Recompiling FF seems to be the only way to recover from this.
16 Regards,
17 Peter.