From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] where is 'mke2fs' ?
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2022 21:17:28
1 On 11/17/22 15:30, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > I need to rewrite the filesystem on a USB stick after it got damaged.
3 > My notes tell me to use 'mke2fs', but 'which' doesn't find it :
4 > has it been replaced by something else ?
5 > I have 'e2fsprogs' installed, but there's no 'man' file for it
6 > & it doesn't seem to create filesystems.
7 > There is a utility 'sys-fs/genext2fs', which I emerged & looked at,
8 > but it's not clear whether it does the simple job I need.
9 >
10 > Can anyone advise ?
11 On my system, /sbin/mke2fs is part of sys-fs/e2fsprogs-2.46.5-r3 with
12 the tools USE FLAG set.