From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any reason to keep older gcc?
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 07:44:09
1 On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 03:38:37AM +0000, Qian Qiao wrote
2
3 > 1. make sure USE flags for all your packages are properly set, don't
4 > use USE=flag emerge package, actually edit /etc/portage/package.use
5
6 I always put USE flags in package.use; not on the commandline
7
8 > 2. do a emerge --deep --newuse --update world so that all packages
9 > pick up the correct USE flags and hence dependent libraries.
10
11 I did that before posting.
12
13 I went through the list, and I've unmerged what I could get away with,
14 and reduced the count down from 74 to 53. I don't think I can go much
15 further.
18 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
19 I'm not repeating myself
20 I'm an X Window user... I'm an ex-Windows-user
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list