From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE plasmashell and wallpapers.
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 12:01:02
1 On Saturday, 28 December 2019 05:57:16 GMT Dale wrote:
2 > Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > On Tuesday, 24 December 2019 20:42:07 GMT Dale wrote:
4 > >> I think I'm just going to have to whittle down the number for a while.
5 > >> Maybe later on a fix will come along. Maybe.
6 > >
7 > > What happens if you switch off file indexing in the control panel, or just
8 > > its subsidiary option Also Index file content? Workspace > Search >
9 > > Enable File Search.
10 >
11 > I looked around in the System Settings window and can't find that
12 > setting. Am I looking in the right place? I sort of think this is a
13 > separate thing tho. It may be using the same tool but won't be
14 > controlled by system settings. Anything is possible tho. I'll
15 > certainly test the option if I can find it. ;-)
16
17 I may have misled you by calling it the Control Panel. It's actually System
18 Settings > Workspace > Search > Enable File Search.
19
20 I wouldn't expect your wallpaper operations to be affected by this, but then
21 what do I know about it? ;)
24 Regards,
25 Peter.